Harry D. Feltenstein, Jr.Back to
President & CEO
After attending Texas A&M University and Bradley University, Harry Feltenstein went to work for Central Illinois Light Company (CILCO) in 1941 in Springfield, IL as a member of the ground crew. In 1956, he was named service sales director before being elected vice president of public relations and sales in 1961. In 1963 Feltenstein was elected vice president of divisions, became executive vice president in 1970, and later was named president in 1977. He retired from Central Illinois Light Company as chairman of the board in 1985.
Feltenstein was instrumental in the development of downtown Peoria and construction of the Peoria Civic Center. In 1974, Feltenstein worked with community leaders to submit to the Peoria City Council a model of what the future of Peoria could be in 1985. This model included a newly created riverfront district with parks, apartment buildings, and restaurants. It also included a district comprising a new Civic Center complex with an arena for 9,000 spectators, exhibition halls, and meeting rooms. He was a member of the Bradley University Board of Trustees, and president of the Chiefs Club and the Bradley Alumni Association. He also served as a board member of the Peoria Savings and Loan Association, Commercial National Bank, Prospect National Bank, Urban Land Institute in Washington, D.C., Heart of Illinois United Way, and Midwest Financial Group.