Junior Achievement inspires and prepares young people to succeed in a global economy.
Founded in 1946, Junior Achievement of Central Illinois serves as an integral part of the local business and learning communities. In the 2017-2018 school year, 17,002 students experienced JA’s work readiness, entrepreneurship, and financial literacy through support from local donors and volunteers. JA of Central Illinois currently serves participating schools and organizations in the following counties: Logan, McLean, Peoria, Sangamon, Tazewell, and Woodford.
Junior Achievement maintains an active vision, front and center, on how we can have a positive impact on the lives of more students – guided by our core values:
- Belief in the boundless potential of young people
- Commitment to the principles of market-based economics and entrepreneurship
- Passion for what we do and honesty, integrity, and excellence in how we do it
- Respect for the talents, creativity, perspectives, and backgrounds of all individuals
- Belief in the power of partnership and collaboration
- Conviction in the educational and motivational impact of relevant, hands-on learning
From our values, we articulate our purpose and vision, comprised of our core ideology:
We are empowering young people to own their economic success. Our volunteer-based K-12 programs foster work-readiness, entrepreneurship, and financial literacy skills, and use experiential learning to inspire kids to dream big and reach their potential.